Beirut Printmaking Studio
Residency Program 2022
We are glad to announce our Printmaking Residency Program 2022.
The Printmaking Residency Program aims at giving the opportunity for emerging artists who want to work in printmaking but do not have the means to study and produce works with this medium. It will offer a one-year residency at our studio with all materials provided. Participants will learn the numerous techniques of printmaking and will be able to produce their own body of work resulting in a collective exhibition.
Beirut Printmaking Studio will offer between 3 and 5 residencies open to any emerging artist, of any age, currently living in Lebanon except for university students.
– This is a one-year commitment. The first semester is a training period. After that, the residents will work collectively in an exhibition.
– Residents must attend their sessions WITHOUT EXCEPTIONS.
– Residents are expected to abide by studio and community regulations.
– For every work created, one edition must be left at the benefit of the studio. The prints will be sold at the exhibition to raise funds for the following years residency programs.
-At the end of every month residents will pass through an assessment. Residents that do not pass the assessment will be dismissed and a runner-up residency candidate will take their place.
– Sessions will be scheduled upon the time availability of each individual participant.
-Candidates that are currently part of any other residency program are not eligible. Once selectet, a resident may NOT participate in any other residency until the completion of the studio’s program.
NEW CALL EXPECTED FOR JUN/2023.
Submission deadline TBD
Winners announcement TBD
Start of Scholarship TBD
How to Apply
Send us an email to beirutprintmakingstudio(at)gmail(dot)com.
On the subject line write the following:
APPLICATION FOR RESIDENCY 2022, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME.
In this email, please attach up to 10 images in jpg format of any previous works you have done in any medium. If you are selected, we will request further information as necessary.
The residency program is in progess.
This residency program was originally made possible by: